Napanee: 613-354-6505

Kingston: 613-546-6571

Toll Free:  1-855-354-6505

Meeting the Needs of Our Community Since 1947

Harold & Helen Wood

Harold & Helen Wood

Gervais McKeown

Gervais McKeown

Jim Wood

Jim Wood

Founded in 1947, McKeown and Wood has evolved over the decades, adapting to meet the challenges of the heating, air conditioning and bulk fuel delivery business. Today, Jim Wood carries on the family business began by his father, Harold Wood.


In recent years, we have found opportunities to grow in the area, and our client base now spans from Trenton and Picton to Brockville. Through this growth, we have continued to offer our customers the best possible personal service from a dedicated, experienced and friendly staff. As one of the few locally owned and operated fuel businesses around, we continue to believe that customer service is the most important aspect of our business. We welcome our customers to stop in our offices anytime to discuss their heating, cooling and lubrication needs.


Having fully licensed personnel and an established business means that customers have the security of knowing their heating contractor and fuel provider will be around when they need them - today, tomorrow or 10 years from now.

Our Growth Over the Decades

1947   

Harold Wood and Gervais McKeown open a rural service and repair shop "Newburgh Repair Shop" in the village of Newburgh, with a gas station handling British American Oil Products and repairing farm equipment and machinery.


1958
Newburgh Repair Shop becomes McKeown and Wood.
Buy first bulk fuel truck and begin delivery of B/A fuel to homes.

1960
Business is expanded to include repair of heating systems.

1965
Sheet metal fabrication equipment purchased.
Company expands to include installation of heating systems.

1969
Gulf Canada purchases B/A, and McKeown and Wood begin their association with Gulf.

1975
Jim Wood enters the business as driver and service technician.

1976
Incorporated as "McKeown and Wood Limited".

1980
Purchase of bulk fuel division of Bradshaw's Mill in Tamworth.

1984
Gervais McKeown retires. Jim Wood becomes Harold Wood's partner in the business and assumes a management position.
Company employees: 5.

1986
Petro Canada purchases Gulf Canada and once again McKeown and Wood changes to accommodate new fuel providers.
McKeown and Wood purchases Glen Martin Fuel Co. in Napanee.
Petro Canada builds an office in Napanee; McKeown and Wood moves to 371 Centre St.
Company employees: 10.

1990
Company employees: 15.

1993
Mary Anne Wood joins Jim working in the office.

1994
Purchase lot from Emerson Electric beside 371 Centre St. with an eye to the future.

1995
Install cardlock automated fuel system on pumps at 371 Centre Street in Napanee.
Company employees: 18.


1996
Construction begins at 373 Centre Street in Napanee for new building for heating/air conditioning branch of business.

1997
June 20th – last day of business in Newburgh at 1 Earl Street.
June 23rd – first day of business at 373 Centre Street, Napanee.
Company installs a new computer system to better serve their customers.
Company employees: 21.


2001
Company purchases the Petro Canada division serving Belleville, Picton and Trenton.
Company employees: 25.

2003
McKeown and Wood purchases Upper Canada Petro-Canada Fuels in Kingston.
Company purchases Walt and Bush Fuels in Carrying Place.
Company employees: 29.

2010
Delivery of propane.


2015

New cardlock fuelling site in Wolfe Island.

McKeown and Wood Fuels

373 Centre St North

Napanee, ON K7R 1P7

Hours

Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (4:30 PM in winter)

Send to a friend

Send the url of this page to a friend of yours

Copyright McKeown and Wood Fuels 2017 - Legal
Created by

Legal notice